Thursday 21 April 2016

Yamaha MT-09 Tracer it is! ..and the 700 just came out




I am eager to get a new motorcycle (finally finished paying my 2004 R6, which unfortunately I crashed and then rebuilt) anyway, the Yamaha MT09 Tracer has become something of a daily thought in the back of my helmet. So I decided I should test it again, and boy o boy yet again I have the feeling I am riding the best match for me.

Think about this motorcycle as a Swiss-army knife of motorcycles, you wanna tour ? put the panniers on and the wife on the back and off you go, wanna act like a retard switch to A mode and wheelie this thing in 3rd gear all the way, want a good daily bike with an upright position, this is it, you also have B mode (rain mode), feel the need to take her to a track ? you can, look below: 


wanna make her a naked , remove the front screen and you are done..

This bike is better described as this: Honey I am going to buy a Touring bike for us, he then buy's the MT09 Tracer and wheelies for kms into the sunset.. this bike can do it all.

The Tracer has a very impressive price tag of about 11k and compared to everything else in the market it makes you think twice, that's why it was so hard to choose, well played Yamaha.. I mean I tried the BMW's 800 / 1200 GS (they are very nice but very expensive) I tried the Triumph Tiger/Explorer 1200 / 800 (amazing comfort, drives like a bus though and not enough power, not really a great daily, also expensive) the Kawa's are not really for my taste (design wise , so didn't even tried) same applies to the suzuki's, Ducati is completely out of the equation (love the design but hate the price tag and the fame), don't wanna tour and get stranded after 500kms and Honda (mehh looks not for me and lack of power leaves me thinking again about the tracer)

The Yamaha Tracer Specs:

Engine
Engine type
3-Cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves
Displacement
847 cm³
Bore x stroke
78.0 mm x 59.1 mm
Compression ratio
11.5 : 1
Maximum power
84.6 kW (115PS) @ 10,000 rpm
Maximum Torque
87.5 Nm (8.9 kg-m) @ 8,500 rpm
Lubrication system
Wet sump
Clutch Type
Wet, Multiple Disc
Carburettor
Fuel Injection
Ignition system
TCI
Starter system
Electric
Transmission system
Constant Mesh, 6-speed
Final transmission
Chain


Chassis
Frame
Diamond
Front suspension system
Telescopic forks
Front travel
137 mm
Caster Angle
24º
Trail
100 mm
Rear suspension system
Swingarm, (Link type suspension)
Rear Travel
130 mm
Front brake
Hydraulic dual disc, Ø 298 mm
Rear brake
Hydraulic single disc, Ø 245 mm
Front tyre
120/70ZR17M/C (58W) (Tubeless)
Rear tyre
180/55ZR17M/C (73W) (Tubeless)


Dimensions
Overall length
2,160 mm
Overall width
950 mm
Overall height
1,345 mm max 1,375 mm
Seat height
845 mm max 860 mm
Wheel base
1,440 mm
Minimum ground clearance
135 mm
Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
210 kg
Fuel tank capacity
18 L
Oil tank capacity
3.4 L


Downsides I read over the MT09 Tracer:

  • Speed whooble: only in some bikes (some people report feeling them, other don't), solution: can be fixed with a steering damper.
  • OEM Tires: Dunlop D222 not the best people tend to mention they need to be changed to something better.

  • Hard seat: some people complained about the seat not being the most comfortable choice, you can get a Comfort seat from Yamaha accessories. 
That being written the Pro's are greater than the Cons,therefore I believe my choice has probably been done. Let's see what will happen in the following days ;)


Now this is all very exciting and all but...  as I write this article, the new Tracer 700 was just released and it looks amazing, not a 3 cylinder though, but I think Yamaha's strategy is solid! countries like China, India and Brazil are most likely going to see a lot of Tracer's 700 being sold over there. 

Later on I will try one myself and put it on my youtube chanel for your pleasure..

Now a sneak peak into the Tracer 700 check it out :

you can get all the details at the Yamaha website.
2016-Yamaha-MT07TR-EU-Radical-Red-Action-007
2016-Yamaha-MT07TR-EU-Radical-Red-Static-003
2016-Yamaha-MT07TR-EU-Radical-Red-Static-005




1 comment:

  1. I use Firetorch Exhaust for MT-09
    It Great Exhaust from Thailand.
    goldenslot
    gclub
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete